Yesterday OpenCV 2.1 was released. There are not many new features, this is more a stability update. Last week I did an update of my OpenCV 2.0 Ubuntu packages so they include the new Python API. I'm happy I did this, since now the packaging is OpenCV 2.1 ready. I've made packages for 2.1 and put them in my PPA.
I've made some small changes:
- libcv4, libhighgui4 and libcvaux4 are replaced by one opencv library package libopencv0.
- This is the same for libcv-dev, libhighgui-dev and libcvaux-dev, they are replaced by libopencv-dev.
- Python API can use Numpy, this is enabled. This means the Python package depends on python-numpy.
- There is a new package named opencv which contains the training binaries. This package depends on the libraries, so it also acts as a sort of meta package.
- All documentation is in the opencv-doc package and is installed in /usr/share/doc/opencv.